looking for for mylasian trumpet snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Millerman

Aquarium Advice Activist
So after going to the lps and asking if they had any mts the people looked at me like I was crazy and thought I was looking for some rare or exotic snail. They wouldn't listen to me and we're trying to tell me that they didn't have them when they had a dead shells of them in the bottom of the tanks. They were trying to be helpful but I don't think they truly understood what I was asking about. So I'm going to try another specialty store that will hopefully know what I'm talking about. So my question is how do you get these from the pet store when they hide in the substrate?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They don't always hide. Those ones I've seen in the LPS and in my tanks are all over the place. The LFS sold me 10 for a dollar. The breed like rabbits.

Hmm maybe I'm just having bad luck because I couldn't find anything except pond snails. If I were to ship these to my house how long could they live or would I have to next day them like fish.

Hmm maybe I'm just having bad luck because I couldn't find anything except pond snails. If I were to ship these to my house how long could they live or would I have to next day them like fish.

You don't have to next day fish.

The snails will live for quite a while - they're nearly indestructible. I've mailed them out many times, in a padded envelope (no water) using regular mail (not even priority). Though I've only shipped within the contiguous states.

I think I'd only have to worry about them freezing. But maybe some hot packs would work.

Heck, I'll send you some of mine, if you pay for shipping. I'm overrun with the little buggers. If you wrap them in a wet paper towel, they will easily survive a 3 or 4 day trip in the mail.

Persevere in your search. You only need a couple and soon you'll them every where. Top snail for turning over the substrate and they don't eat live healthy plants.

Mine don't breed like mad. Honestly doesn't look like I've had more than I've started with and I handed some out to people. Are you near CT? Ill send a few.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No that the problem I'm all the way In Alaska bad I'm having trouble finding them anywhere

Back
Top Bottom