Marble self cloning crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcardamone

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm starting a shrimp tank (50 gal) and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the marble self cloning crayfish. The website says they are non aggressive and can be kept with shrimp. Any thoughts are appreciated.:thanks:

I have them in every tank except my Charex and Cherry shrimp tanks. Make no mistake the marble will eat shrimpletts if they can catch them. I have housed the two together and really couldn't tell if my baby shrimp were sustaining losses. The trick to marble crayfish is keeping them fed. Mine get mostly blanched green peas like the kind we eat. I give them half of one each day and the fish clean up any of the left overs. Your shrimp will love the peas as well so give 1/2 to the crayfish and once it grabs it and hides take the other half squish it between your thumb and finger an toss it to the shrimp. Within minutes every shrimp in the tank will be feasting on pea as your crayfish pigs out elsewhere.

I did breed both these in a kiddie pool outside this summer with zero issues just lots of shrimp and crays at the end.

Last edited:
I have them in every tank except my Charex and Cherry shrimp tanks. Make no mistake the marble will eat shrimpletts if they can catch them. I have housed the two together and really couldn't tell if my baby shrimp were sustaining losses. The trick to marble crayfish is keeping them fed. Mine get mostly blanched green peas like the kind we eat. I give them half of one each day and the fish clean up any of the left overs. Your shrimp will love the peas as well so give 1/2 to the crayfish and once it grabs it and hides take the other half squish it between your thumb and finger an toss it to the shrimp. Within minutes every shrimp in the tank will be feasting on pea as your crayfish pigs out elsewhere.

I did breed both these in a kiddie pool outside this summer with zero issues just lots of shrimp and crays at the end.

I actually might try breeding shrimp in a kiddie pool. Can you tell me more?:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom