Marbled cray growth rate???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscarchic11

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was given a small marbled cray on march 24th... she has since been eating fry starter from angelsplus and has molted twice... is this a normal growth rate for them??? Ill post pics of her after both molts...first pic was a couple days after her first molt in my tank, others were taken 2day... she is mostly hardened so im guessing she molted either sat night or early sunday...not sure as i wasnt home... she also eats ramshorn snails that i have been removing from other tanks and giving her...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130408_100840.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130408_100840.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 67
  • ForumRunner_20130408_100853.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130408_100853.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 55
  • ForumRunner_20130408_100907.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130408_100907.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 65
Ok... just wanted 2 make sure i wasnt making her grow 2 fast. Thanx!!

She molted again!! Grew 5/16 of an inch... so she is now over 2.25 inches, but still has not been berried yet... i contacted someone from a marbled cray website, and they said if she was a marbled she would have had eggs by now... can anyone else chime in on this subject?? I also got the other tank im going 2 use for her, and only her once i get a power strip...

She molted again!! Grew 5/16 of an inch... so she is now over 2.25 inches, but still has not been berried yet... i contacted someone from a marbled cray website, and they said if she was a marbled she would have had eggs by now... can anyone else chime in on this subject?? I also got the other tank im going 2 use for her, and only her once i get a power strip...

Mine berried for the first time in late January, when she was around 3 inches and probably 6-8 months old. I forget when I got her, exactly, but I want to say it was last July, and she was less than an inch when I got her. She did grow really fast! It slows down after a while, though. She just dropped her second batch of babies earlier this week so I'm expecting her to molt soon, before she berries again.

Cool!! I got her about a month ago and she has molted 3 times... ive been tracking her growth and she has grown about 3/4 of an inch since i got her. Hopefully another month or so and she will start berrying up...

Back
Top Bottom