Mating Snails ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellieca

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are my snails mating? The gold one does this frequently to the black one.

image-342232778.jpg

I keep watching for eggs but haven't seen any yet.

Yes they are...they need at least two inches from the water line to the top of the tank to lay their eggs. Drop your water line and she will eventually lay some.

hcourts said:
Yes they are...they need at least two inches from the water line to the top of the tank to lay their eggs. Drop your water line and she will eventually lay some.

That's what I thought, thank you.

Yep:) good luck!! You will have a ton of babies!! If you don't want babies you can wipe off the egg sac early on and throw it away. It's what I ended up having to do...

hcourts said:
Yep:) good luck!! You will have a ton of babies!! If you don't want babies you can wipe off the egg sac early on and throw it away. It's what I ended up having to do...

Yeah I'll probably do that too, just my luck I put 2 snails in a 46g & they're a male & female. I'm wondering if my other gold one is a male like this one is; I got them at the same time. I may swap them around to see. If I remember from my reading Mystery snails have to have a male & female to have babies.

They do. And mine immediately started that dance when I put them in my bigger tank...I have performed many snail abortions...;)

Back
Top Bottom