Multiple Species of Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jetstorm369

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys. I'm not exactly an expert on snails, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Do Malaysian Trumpet Snails do well with other species? And if so, which species?

Jetstorm369 said:
Hey guys. I'm not exactly an expert on snails, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Do Malaysian Trumpet Snails do well with other species? And if so, which species?

I have mine with pond snails and assassins. They don't 'do well' with assassins but my assassins like them!

Jetstorm369 said:

Yep they,ll be fine. I have mine in with apple snails, nerites, tylos & a Colombian with no problems :)

shellyx said:
Yep they,ll be fine. I have mine in with apple snails, nerites, tylos & a Colombian with no problems :)

Which species do you recommend if I have plants? Cause I know some snails tend to eat plants no?

Jetstorm369 said:
Which species do you recommend if I have plants? Cause I know some snails tend to eat plants no?

Nerites won't eat your plants or breed in freshwater they're hard workers too. Mystery snails won't touch plants either I have 2 they only clean the algae off them & eat the dying leaves etc. Just make sure if you buy them you supplement their diet, algae wafers & fresh veg, cucumber & kale is a good favorite of mine :)

shellyx said:
Nerites won't eat your plants or breed in freshwater they're hard workers too. Mystery snails won't touch plants either I have 2 they only clean the algae off them & eat the dying leaves etc. Just make sure if you buy them you supplement their diet, algae wafers & fresh veg, cucumber & kale is a good favorite of mine :)

Speaking of fresh veg, how often should I put lettuce or zucchini into my tank? Once a week?

Jetstorm369 said:
Speaking of fresh veg, how often should I put lettuce or zucchini into my tank? Once a week?

Mine get algae wafers one night then veg the next night but I have a lot of snails. Depends which snail you get? If it's mystery snails I would feed them the same as they love too eat lol. Just make sure you clean the veg well for them. I put mine in at night & take out what's left in the morning. Hope that helps :)

Back
Top Bottom