My mystery snail escaped..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thedavinator

Aquarium Advice Regular
He/she's not in the tank. I looked everywhere. I heard stories of them escaping through openings in the lid. I had them all covered except for near the filter. What do I do? How far could it go? How long will it live out of water? I'm just assuming it's dead somewhere and is going to start smelling. Well, I guess this gives me a reason to clean my room. No luck so far. I have a lot of furniture. Advice??

I'm sorry :( are there any fish in yiur tank big enough to eat it? I doubt they'd eat the shell, but it's probably possible.

thedavinator said:
Already checked the sand. Nothing. He's definitely not in that tank.

Check in your filter. Odd but possible.

Found him. He was hiding in there somewhere. I swear I checked everywhere, it's not like there are very many places to hide. I feel really stupid.

thedavinator said:
Found him. He was hiding in there somewhere. I swear I checked everywhere, it's not like there are very many places to hide. I feel really stupid.

Don't feel stupid :) It cam happen to l of us.

I often cant find fish in my 40gal tank, often the snails find odd hiding places. Seem like they will get full, find the most obscure spot, and stop.

I have a SA Bumble Bee Cat that I hardly EVER see.

Back
Top Bottom