My snail keeps climbing on the filter.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirizzle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have two apple snails and the one has been acting a little odd lately. In the past couple weeks it has gone through a pretty impressive growth spurt and now it keeps climbing on the tanks filter and even trying to go inside it. Does anyone know why it keeps doing this? A picture of the filter I have is below, the snail keeps trying to go where the filtered water is coming out although its shell won't let it get very far, then it continues to climb around and on top of it. I usually put it back into the water myself, but only to find it back on the filter in a few minutes.

Try taking the filter out and clean every part of it with hot water. I use to have snails that did this and I often found they were just trying to get to some algae that was on it. So clean it well and he will most likely stop.

Try taking the filter out and clean every part of it with hot water. I use to have snails that did this and I often found they were just trying to get to some algae that was on it. So clean it well and he will most likely stop.
If you do this make sure to not wash the filter cartridge, because it will kill the bacteria and you'll have another mini cycle.

Back
Top Bottom