My very first berried Blue Velvet shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candacecook1025

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was sooooo excited to find that one of my Blue Velvets is berried! I really want to breed this shrimp so this is the first step! I also have several females with saddles, so hopefully will get to see lots more eggs soon. Just wanted to share this exciting news with those of you out there who might get just how cool this is (instead of my hubby who said Huh? What about shrimp berries? and then went to bed lol). The pic is definitely not high quality since it was taken with my phone and also zoomed in. But you can still see how cute the little mama is!

Attachments

• berried shrimp.jpg
    berried shrimp.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 177
Ahh! That's awesome! I know absolutely nothing about it, but I really like the way those look. :). Unfortunately they wouldn't last a day in my tank..I have some "always starving" oscars lol.

Thanks guys! I have tons of red cherries in my community tank and they are great, but I really really wanted the BVs for a while, so to see them breeding already makes me so happy! Right now they are in a species only planted tank. Once the numbers are way up and plants have really filled in then I am going to add a small shoal of chili rasboras for a great pop of color.

I already feel very protective of my "grandbabies" lol.

Hah lol, good grand dad/mom

Yea keep them in a species only tank and then add some to a community, keep some to breed in the species only, the babies will have a better chance surviving

Omg that is awesome...I'm getting mine tomorrow finally I'm so excited...what do they look like when they are saddled???

Wow! They look fantastic in your tank! I am so happy they are doing well for you.

Omg that is awesome...I'm getting mine tomorrow finally I'm so excited...what do they look like when they are saddled???

The shrimp on the right is a saddled female so there's your answer ;-) . My strain that I sent her get bright yellow saddles and eggs which makes for a very dramatic contrast.

Wow, I say that these are in the "rich people shrimp category" lol, only ghost shrimp and RCS for me :)

Back
Top Bottom