Mystery Rabbit snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coyne

Aquarium Advice Addict
I added a large-ish Rabbit snail to my 20 Long Community tank about 2 months ago. Today I noticed two new and rather small Rabbit snails in there as well. Im not sure how this could occur. Researching online, it says that a male and female are required for breeding. Even if the snail I originally purchased was holding an egg when I put her in, that doesnt explain the other snail. Additionally, the two snails are the same size... so Im assuming that means theyre the same age.

Anybody have any insight on where these guys may have come from?

Attachments

• snail1.jpg
    snail1.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 90
  • snail2.jpg
    snail2.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 93
I added a large-ish Rabbit snail to my 20 Long Community tank about 2 months ago. Today I noticed two new and rather small Rabbit snails in there as well. Im not sure how this could occur. Researching online, it says that a male and female are required for breeding. Even if the snail I originally purchased was holding an egg when I put her in, that doesnt explain the other snail. Additionally, the two snails are the same size... so Im assuming that means theyre the same age.

Anybody have any insight on where these guys may have come from?

The female can carry sperm for a few months. I bought just one yellow rabbit then eventually ended up with four babies! Love these guy's so different to keep. Congrats :)
And yes it's been know for them to have two close together.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom