Mystery snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine eat algae wafers, crab cuisine, cucumber, blanched kale, flakes and spinach. You can also add cuttlebone to your tank which helps with calcium for their shells :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How much cuttlebone should be added? I chipped a piece off and have yet to see my snails or shrimp pay any attention to it

How much cuttlebone should be added? I chipped a piece off and have yet to see my snails or shrimp pay any attention to it

It will just dissolve into the water and add calcium for them. You don't need much i usually just break a piece of and stick it in the sand.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Feed cucumber and yellow squash. Cut in small slices then nuke 1 minute let cool they will sink. Also get algae waffers but watch them because they mush up later and can be a mess. I don't use cutle bone I got wonder shells they put calcium in the water and help with nitrates the website is wonder shells.com

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My snail likes cucumber, squash, and LOVES zucchini. Make sure u take out the seeds first, they dont eat those. Also, its best to remove the veggie 2 days after u put it in so that it doesnt turn to mush and make your tank messy.

The Crab Cuisine is good for their shells. I just plunk the Cuttlebone in after it sinks in the back of the tank, like a surf board in the sand. I have somewhat soft water so it dissolves the shells unless I take appropriate measures. For lots of additional info check out applesnail.net Who knew there could be so much interesting info about a little snail?

Back
Top Bottom