mystery snail babies...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcourts

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my first clutch of eggs is starting to hatch and i would like to move them from my community tank. I have a 5g planted with red cherry shrimp in it.(6 of them) will they bother the babies? they are still kinda small themselves:/ or should i get a one gallon with an airstone just for them? and if I do get a little one gallon do they need a heater?

hcourts said:
my first clutch of eggs is starting to hatch and i would like to move them from my community tank. I have a 5g planted with red cherry shrimp in it.(6 of them) will they bother the babies? they are still kinda small themselves:/ or should i get a one gallon with an airstone just for them? and if I do get a little one gallon do they need a heater?

Throw them in your 5g. The shrimp will only eat a dead snail and visa versa.

Cool thanks mabj! I put them in my one gallon with the air stone now and will plan to move them when they get alittle bigger. I am surprised at how active they are being so tiny!

Yeah they jet all over, but they also poop a lot.

Be cautious, they'll create ammonia faster than you believe.

Good luck :)

hcourts said:
Cool. Thanks! So I will have to do daily water changes till they get big enough to move.

Probably! Just test the water well and only feed what they can eat in 2 hours

You might want to check out applesnail.net. My mystery snail babies hatched several weeks ago and they have been a great source of mystery snail info.

Back
Top Bottom