Mystery Snail Escape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellieca

Aquarium Advice Addict
Woke up this morning, got the dogs breakfast ready, turned to feed them & saw something dark in the floor in the dining room. My 1st thought was my newest little rescue dog had pooed on the floor, flip on the light & there's one of my snails. My tank lid has a very small opening but apparently it was big enough, she wasn't dried out so hadn't been out too long. What's odd is I recently moved this snail from a 10g to the 46g & the 10g has the whole back side open.I know they say snails don't fight but the larger of the 2 had completely enveloped this one the other day & I know the larger is not a male because she was the one being mounted by the snail that used to be in there with her. Anyways put the escapee back into the tank & she instantly started moving around so appears to be OK . . . . this time.

I read that apple snails will escape if there is no room or suitable area for them to lay their eggs. I don't know if this applies to mystry snails,

Back
Top Bottom