Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Invertebrates
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-01-2021, 04:35 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Mystery Snail - what is this?

Yesterday I moved my Mystery Snails to a larger tank. I feed them Snell-o. Today I found this all over the tank. Is this snail poo?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4022.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	321162  

Old 07-02-2021, 05:31 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yep that's snail poo!
Old 07-03-2021, 02:07 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Absolutely looks like snail poo to me too!!!

Also, has anyone ever had a snail that was happier in a small tank??
Of all my snails... there is one... my VERY FIRST snail ever!! He seems so much more active and happy in a small tank alone.. when I put him in the 15gal. He never moved once!
Then had to move to a 3.5 for a fungal infection in the 15gal and he still wasnt himself. He started in a 1.5 gal.. which is where I have him now by himself... and he is more "himself" than I've seen since moving him the first time!!!
Is it better to just leave him be in a 1.5??
I constantly changed his water and can do it again!! If that's where hes happiest. I feel I should leave him be...

But has anyone else ever seen this???
OP?? Anything like this??

Edit: he is a SMALL magenta 'mystery snail' about a quarter of an inch.... if that.. very small.
Old 07-03-2021, 05:55 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi was any fish harassing your snail? I've had that issue before and moved my snails and they've been more mobile away from the fish.
Myself if your snail is happy go for it just don't add anything else as the filter won't keep up with the bio load, definitely keep up on the water changes as snails are poop machines lol

Tags
mystery, mystery snail, snail

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com