Mystery snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptainKimmi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Got a couple mystery snails shipped to me. Acclimated them the way I was told to. The first night they were zooming around, now one is halfway in and out of shell, the other is floating halfway out of shell. Neither are dead and will retreat if touched. My mature mystery snail I've had a few months is fine, ammonia and nitrate levels are normal. Advice?

Maybe they're just settling in? I usually find some of my mystery snails have taken a couple of days before they move around more. Has any fish been harassing them?

Unfortunately the two snails in question passed away. The third one is perfect, so I'm not sure what could have happened. I also have a mature mystery snail and he's perfect. No fish harassment or anything

Sorry to hear that [emoji20] maybe they just weren't healthy when you got them?

Maybe. I'm really holding out for #3
They were so pretty, magenta mystery snails

Hi, this is way late but I just saw your post. The exact same thing has happened to me - with magenta snails, too. The first time, I think it didn't survive the shipping (although its buddy did). The second time, it was a big mystery snail (I purposely asked for the largest they had) and I think it was too old to do well in shipping. But I also have two magentas plus some other colors that shipped and have thrived for a long time, including reproducing. Win some, lose, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom