Mystery Snails...gotta love them!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure have to research it tonight myself, will share what I find. Now I don't have to order some, but was gonna set up a 40 breeder for them and nano fish, now I have to wait for them to get old enough to move. Hope a good amount survive.

They usually hatch in 2 weeks. Just leave them where she laid them. Keep the water level below the eggs. They need moist warm air.

Wow they sure are pretty!! Mine bred like crazy in a ten gallon but stopped once put into a 55 gallon for whatever reason.

Haven't had mine very long, these are my first clutches. I think some of the brown ones hatched already. The clump is smaller than it was, can't tell for sure because of baby pond snails. My son thinks he can tell the difference, I agree with him so we'll wait and see.

His peppered cory had another baby, so when he goes back to college I'll get another peppered cory (will be the 4th one from him).

Aww. Hopefully she'll figure it out. Exploring has its hazards, it seems.
Mine like climbing up to the top of a plant or all the way up the glass and then letting go, like they're skydiving or something. It's quite hilarious to watch. They land upright and go on their way like nothing happpened. But every once in a while, one won't stick the landing and I'll have to help them up. :lol:

Mine like climbing up to the top of a plant or all the way up the glass and then letting go, like they're skydiving or something. It's quite hilarious to watch. They land upright and go on their way like nothing happpened. But every once in a while, one won't stick the landing and I'll have to help them up. [emoji38]
The spouse calls is parasnailing. ?

Mine like climbing up to the top of a plant or all the way up the glass and then letting go, like they're skydiving or something. It's quite hilarious to watch. They land upright and go on their way like nothing happpened. But every once in a while, one won't stick the landing and I'll have to help them up. :lol:

Mine used to do that - no fear.

Snail fairy.

Must have been. I don't see it much. My ivory is always out, but this little brown one just was on the driftwood one day and sometimes I spot it on the back glass. I hadn't added anything new to the tank. It just sort of appeared. Maybe the betta that disappeared turned into a snail and flew across the room.

:lol: That's hilarious! Maybe he was naughty, so the snail fairy decided to teach him a lesson by turning him into a snail until he learns the value of kindness.

It's calcium carbonate. They need it for their shells and they are growing fast. It's one of the key ingredients in Snail Jello recipes. I tried plain cuttlebone and they won't touch it.

Do you think shrimp would be okay with it? I know you had shrimp and snails at one time, did the shrimp eat the Tums too?

Back
Top Bottom