New assasin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khuligirl93

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well here's my new little guy, and his welcoming party! I'm hoping he can thin out my ramshorns.
image-55563342.jpg
Anyone have experience keeping these guys with nerites? I'd really prefer my zebra nerite not get assassinated... Although he is about 5x the size of the assassin.

I have assassins half for my mts and half because I think can be entertaining to watch. However, they have never bothered any of my larger snails.

Thanks! That's reassuring. Have they been effective in controlling the mts so far?

More or less. They never completely eliminated them, but then again I never wanted them to and their numbers have been kept relatively constant.

That's good. I have a 10g that was completely overrun with snails and I manually removed all visible ones, so hopefully one assassin will be able to continue to control them.

That's good. I have a 10g that was completely overrun with snails and I manually removed all visible ones, so hopefully one assassin will be able to continue to control them.
I'll be interested to hear how the assassins do with your nerite. I have 7 that range in size from a good inch+ long to a couple horned that are only about 1/4" (although "Tiny" isn't nearly as tiny as he was when I named him). I have a ton of ramshorn and bladder snails that arrived on a plant apparently and I'm getting tired of them. They're messy little boogers and someone is starting to eat my water wisteria and water sprite.

I just picked up 2 assassins for my tadpole snail infested 29 gallon. I also have 6 (yes 6) assorted mystery snails in there, all of them are quite large and the assassins seem to ignore them completely so far.

Good to know you guys have had larger snails with them with no problems :)
I got mine at Petco, he was pretty expensive though (or at least I thought so), around $3.

Well, he seems to be doing well so far! Can't see any more snails :) and my nerite is still alive :D

image-4036256441.jpg

Back
Top Bottom