New fluval chi tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wwright

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm picking up a fluval chi on Tuesday for 20 bucks. I want to put some shrimp in it, what would be some good choices for shrimp for a tank that size? Also would I need a heater? It's going to be in my office at work(I am the pastor of a church). Any help would be great. Also what plants would work well in a tank that small with the shrimp?

I would suggest doing some neocaridina shrimp such as red cherry shrimp ( rcs ) or one of the many other color morphs that they have available as they are easily cared for...I think about seventy degrees is a good temperature for them you could maybe have them in a little bit colder water if wanted...as for plants there are plenty to choose from you should choose some type of moss some anubias nana and some java ferns and crypts would work pretty good in there in sure you could even hook up cfl light to it and get some medium light plants too if you wanted...just be get a nice piece of drift wood to attach the plants too

Ok, I want to have some sort of planted carpet in this tank. What are good carpet plants? Also what substrate should I use to help that. I was going to use pool filter sand. Should I use a fluorite? Also will the led lighting be enough to grow a carpet?

I am working on a similar setup. My plan is to use flame moss on craft Mat and cover the entire floor area. I am using a reverse flow UG filter with a sponge inlet cover to save the babies from the impeller. I plan on using java moss as the filler and all the baby java fern i have as th focal attached to craft mat and attached to the back and sides... I hope it will produce a cave like effect... Nothing but moss and the java fern...
The reverse flow should keep water moving behind the seens.... With some killer fire reds... It should look cool

The pool filter sand should be good...as for an easy ground cover you could use dwarf saggitaria it is a short grassy type plant and isn't really demanding for light

Back
Top Bottom