New shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peacock eeelss

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I decided on either red cherry shrimp or red rili shrimp. Can I keep both without them interbreeding? What 2 different kinds of shrimp could I have in the same tank? I have a ten gallon tank with hornwort and java moss in it is that enough for the shrimp to play on or should I add more stuff to it.

Rilis and cherrys will crossbreed. Here's a chart to give you some ideas of what can go together without crossbreeding.
Dwarf Shrimp Compatibility Chart

As for decor, I use driftwood and lots of live plants. Moss is always good. It give them something to play around in.

So some ghost shrimp and som red rili shrimp would work then? What are other low light plants for the shrimp

Ghosts can be aggressive and might eat shrimplets, they've also been known to kill other shrimp. Though that is rare. But with as pricey as dwarf shrimp can be, I wouldn't take the chance.

Plants:
Java Fern
Java Moss
Green Hygro
Rotala Indica
Parrots Feather
Moneywort
Brazilian Pennywort
Crypts
Guppy Grass
Anubias
Bolbitis fern
Hornwort

What would be two types of shrimp that won't interbreed and are nice then? I have some java fern I will throw in there too.

Have a tank with red crystal and blue velvet shrimp. They are diff species so won't interbreed. You could put the the red crystal with red cherry and be fine

Crystals are a bit more difficult to breed. More sensitive to water quality.

Ok thanks no one here sells Rcs or any other kind but ghost shrimp from petsmart and they always die. Does anyone know of a cheap place I could get some Rcs and crystal reds?

I just asked Severum mamma if she had any crystals left. Any one know where I can get some blue velvets?

I got some of these tiny mystery snails that my mother got for me they are 1-2mm long how long before they reach maturity?

Back
Top Bottom