Painted fire red shrimp + least killifish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aluka

Aquarium Advice Freak
Think i can safely keep them together? Pretty sure least killifish is the smallest fish there is, lol. I have a daphnia issue =< i really would like to put my killifish in there to eat them =<

The only thing I'd be worried about housing them together is that the least killies would probably still be able to fit a newly hatched shrimp in their mouths for dinner.

If you aren't worried about breeding them though I definitely think that it could work!

Try lamp eye killi fish. They are very small too. As long as you aren't concerned about breeding, you'll be good to go.

Welcome to AA!

I have a friend who had these fish and they ate the shrimp, babies and also ate, bit till they died, the shrimp too. Maybe if they were eating the Daphnia, they wouldn't be attacking the shrimp. The shrimp might taste better though.

He is an experienced shrimp keeper.

I have two Amano shrimp in with my golden panchax killi and they seem to do just fine. though, my killi is kinda shy and just hangs out most of the day until feeding time anyway!

Amano shrimp are huge compared to little baby Painted fire shrimp, at least double the size of the PFS.

As stated before, the Least Killi ate babies and killed the Tangarine Tiger shrimp. An hour ago, just PM'd the guy who has to re-home Least Killi, about what he ended up doing with the fish.

so i have a pair of them in my pfr tank. They are pretty shy, they hide in the frogbits all day. I dont really see them interacting with the shrimps. But i noticed a few of my shrimps dropped their eggs, so maybe they are stressing them out?

I think i might move them to anther tank.

Amano shrimp are huge compared to little baby Painted fire shrimp, at least double the size of the PFS.

As stated before, the Least Killi ate babies and killed the Tangarine Tiger shrimp. An hour ago, just PM'd the guy who has to re-home Least Killi, about what he ended up doing with the fish.

He re-homed them and also rescaped the tank.

I think the would be just fine. I have Daphina in my shrimp tanks too so I put single CPD fry in one as a test and never saw the CPD go after anything but the Daphina.

Back
Top Bottom