Panther Crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbb100

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got my panther crab many months ago and currently house him with 2 juvenile guppies and 2 mystery snails, for whom he gets along great with. I’m looking into getting 1 or 2 african dwarf frogs and putting them in the same tank as him, but I’m unsure if they will get along. I’ve looked everywhere on the internet and cannot find a single thread about panther crabs and ADF. Please help me out:)

Also I’m new to this website to please excuse me if I make any mistakes

I got my panther crab many months ago and currently house him with 2 juvenile guppies and 2 mystery snails, for whom he gets along great with. I’m looking into getting 1 or 2 african dwarf frogs and putting them in the same tank as him, but I’m unsure if they will get along. I’ve looked everywhere on the internet and cannot find a single thread about panther crabs and ADF. Please help me out:)

Also I’m new to this website to please excuse me if I make any mistakes

Welcome to Aquarium Advice! :welcome: Panther crabs can be somewhat aggressive at times so I do not think your crab would get along too well with the African dwarf frogs. The frogs are slow and would most likely end up dead if you kept them with the crab. I would advise against it but maybe someone here has tried that specific combination and can speak to it directly.

From a theory point of view (never kept a Panther crab), I agree 100% with Dallas. Very slow, also bad eyesight, and could be killed and or injured easily.

Back
Top Bottom