planeria? What will eat them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im still getting my 55 finished up and the plants are about where they should be and I want to do a swap but in the midst of being fish'less some more "invasive" species have sort of taken over.
hydra, deitrus worms, feeder worms (intentional), scuds (semi intentional), but also planeria.

Im not to fond of these and would like to possible throw some temp fish in there that would cull the numbers down a bit before it gets out of hand and could hurt some more delicate and expensive fish Id like to place in there.

I was thinking all male platys, or mollies would prob do the trick, some all make swords would be easy to sex (all males so they wont breed in the tank) or maybe a couple pea puffs.

Anyone have any thoughts? Id rather not use meds (salt could be an option if it would work) and risk the plants.
thanks

Throw a mess of guppy in there. They'll probably eat all that.. maybe some Cory cats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Throw a mess of guppy in there. They'll probably eat all that.. maybe some Cory cats.

they were my first thought but I was afraid of them reproducing like mad. I know you "can" sex them but isnt it a bit tough being so small?

What's your ultimate stocking? Any sa/ca cichlid over 4" will clear them right out when the time comes;)

Angels and a couple discuss I hope. Plus my larger blue acara

You could treat the tank with fenbendazole (you can get it from Amazon). I used it to eradicate a planaria infestation in my shrimp tank. No ill effects to the shrimp, seed shrimp, or plants. It is supposed to be effective against hydra as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom