platys with shrimp.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CowMoo

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i have a 8 gal shrimp tank but currently i'm using it as a place for pregnant platys to give birth. Currently i have 2 amano shrimp in it and my first pregnant platy. I will take the adult out after she gives birth. Would a bamboo shrimp, a cpo mini cray and some cherry reds be compatible with a pregnant platy and fry? I want the red cherrys to breed and was thinking 20 little fry might be to much for all that. Would the cherry shrimp adults be active? How many plants would i need? Lots of questions i know.

I cant comment on the bamboo and cray. I have endlers with RCS and the maybe get a few babys but no where near all. Platys are bigger though, Its the parents that would be an issue, at least untill the fry start getting bigger. I have a 10gal thats probs 30% java moss and a sponge filter with some small crypts and swords. i say maybe 75% or shrimp seem to survive but its hard to tell when you have a few females giving birth all of the time.

So will the adult cherry shrimp be out in the open where I can see them?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Depends really, sometimes i look and mine are all in the moss, 5 min later i see half of them in the open just chilling.

Back
Top Bottom