Problem snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

K9Kyle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I set up a 7 gal. Betta tank, and about a month after I set it up I noticed a small snail which must've been brought in on a plant or something, it's been about a month or two since I noticed the first one, there's probably around 15 now. They're really small with a gray shell that has a bit of a sparkle on em. Wondering if they will do any harm or if I can let them be

K9Kyle said:
I set up a 7 gal. Betta tank, and about a month after I set it up I noticed a small snail which must've been brought in on a plant or something, it's been about a month or two since I noticed the first one, there's probably around 15 now. They're really small with a gray shell that has a bit of a sparkle on em. Wondering if they will do any harm or if I can let them be

They shouldn't do any harm if you don't over feed, or you could remove them if it becomes a problem. I did that when I had ramshorns, I just manually removed some & put lettuce in the tank over night & a few were on it in the morning then I disposed them :)

I got a few snails myself, but I really like them and they do tank cleanup for me, so I kept them. Actually bought some more, too. I really like them. :)

I think many consider them to be a pest, but until I see them eating my plants, I'll leave them be.

Back
Top Bottom