Question about Gammarus Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reaper216

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am a member of a facebook group and someone is selling Gammarus Shrimp. He says they are great for tanks, eating the dead matter in the filter media and the tank.

I couldnt think of a better place to confirm this info than here before I go and buy 50 of these little things lol.

Any information would be great!

If you look in the classifieds you can likely get some free. Scuds will eat decaying junk in the tank, but fish love to eat them. If you have a large planted tank they stand a chance. You can also grow them in a 5gal bucket at room temp with an airline.

If you look in the classifieds you can likely get some free. Scuds will eat decaying junk in the tank, but fish love to eat them. If you have a large planted tank they stand a chance. You can also grow them in a 5gal bucket at room temp with an airline.

+1 this is sound advice

It's also good to note that scuds will likely eat juvenile shrimp if you have them and will likely go 'overboard' eating dead plant matter by continuing into healthy plant matter. They will also strip some plants completely, like moss.

Back
Top Bottom