ramhorns and ponds vanished

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well a while ago I picked up ONE assassin to help cull my ram and pond situation. It wasn't horrible buy annoying enough. Well I know its not all from one assassin snail but I have not seen one pest snail in about 2 weeks plus. My assassin recently gave birth and passed but the eggs just hatched so its not th em.
Honestly its so weird.
I actually liked the pests because I was starting a colony for my pea puffers. I had a decent starting of ponds in my puffer tank but even those are gone. Not even eggs!

Anyone know what can cause a quick snail die off?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Anything change, chemistry wise, in the tank? In my planted tank I think the calcium was low and their numbers stayed low despite the abundant eggs sacs present. I would see a lot of empty shells.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I know calcium was an issue. Some of their shells stated turning white. Only the pond though.
I just got a wonder she'll since cuttle bone did nothing. The shell is nice.

The trumpet snails seem more than fine. I may need to get some pond snails back from my buddy. I gave him one and they come in his tank lol.

I did like my ram horn though so I may have to get another one

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom