RCC Traits and Care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krusty56

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I want to ask a question here, too, about my RCC's. I have a new aquarium, brackish water, heater, driftwood, rocks, live plants, tree house, sand and pebbles, and wanted to know if someone can suggest what else I can add to my tank to prevent them from being too territorial? I wonder what they do overnight while I am asleep, and I suspect they might not get along, can't tell if they are males or females, have 4 with 4 different areas for them to claim as their turf. Only thing I can think of is a hollow ceramic tube like the store had.

And also wonder why stores keep them all together plus in same habitat with small green frogs? The frogs are a bit larger but I wonder if the crabs bother them? And, lastly, if stores get crabs shipped in FW and they do not add salt when crabs are in store's habitat, does that mean crabs will acclimate themselves to different water whether its brackish or not? I read on the internet about people who kept many of them together, and/or with fish, and said they never had a problem. I had mine with fish and never did either but decided crabs needed their own environment. My fish are in another tank and they are fine. But, these crabs must be popular, the manager was telling me about red claw types, vampire, soap box, fiddler, etc. and she owns them, too.

And I asked if crabs like people food since they are scavengers and was told to give them store bought crab food only. I have plankton, krill, dried bloodworms, tropical flakes plus hermit crab food. I read somewhere people offer them raw fish, lettuce, fruit, carrots. Is this ok to offer them? Thanks!:thanks:

How are you getting on with the crabs? I'm very tempted to buy a couple but reading some conflicted info on the web and forums.

I have two rcc's in a ten gal tank with dragon fish and two cory cats and haven't had any problems and my tank is brackish

Back
Top Bottom