RCS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bluethumb

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had amano shrimp in the past in a community tank, and now I've decided to make a RCS tank in my 2.5 gallon. I've never had any before, so I'm looking for any tips and stocking advice

Stocking depends on if you want a lot or a little bit of them. I'd say 20 is a good stocking number on the high end....10 if you want to watch them breed. Get sand substrate with some low light/tech plants. Should be good to go.

Stocking depends on if you want a lot or a little bit of them. I'd say 20 is a good stocking number on the high end....10 if you want to watch them breed. Get sand substrate with some low light/tech plants. Should be good to go.

Thanks!

2.5Gallon seems a little too small if you want to populate them. Having a 10 gallon is a good starting point. There, you can really try different things, such as layout, plants and the water quality.

I would say you can try a 20 gallon long for the best result. It is large and spacious for anything you really want. If you want to breed, then you should follow that King fisher said. If you just want to have a nice looking shrimps, you might want to invest in couple items that could help the shrimp quality. substrate, food, lighting, driftwood, and water quality.

Overall, just try it out, it is really fun and RCS are not too hard to keep alive and breed.

have fun!

Back
Top Bottom