RCS berrying 1 egg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zemerys

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi!

I had two female shrimps who were saddled. 1 is gray (i dont know why) and 1 red along with 6 other RCS.

One morning i saw that the gray one is berried (i guess this makes her a wild cherry shrimp?) and the other RCS is also berried but with only literally 1 egg! She looks like shes still saddled but why just one? Its been two days now?

Does anybody have any opinion on why 1 of the shrimp is gray and berried?

And why the other shrimp is only berrying 1 egg?

-i might post pics later, not home yet.

Any reply is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have not had shrimp very long but is it maybe just a young shrimp? no clue about the gray one your guess is as good as mine.

Some of the shrimp when it's their first time will only make a couple eggs. Happened to me plenty of times. Another possibility is that she had a full clutch of eggs, but ditched them and that one got left over. Happens to new momma shrimp a lot too. Don't worry, they'll be berried in no time :)

Grey could be a different color of the ones you have. I used to have shrimp which bred and made blue-grey shrimp, tan and red. Over the time I kept them, they even had occassional white, yellow and green babies. I called them rainbow Cherry Shrimp and they were awesome, so much fun to see what colors I would get next.

Yes, affirmative on the new mother. Possibly changing to a new home could stress the shrimp too causing them to drop eggs.

Pics or it didn't happen! Grey blue sound lovely!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom