RCS tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh no one of the shrimp died. Should I remove the body? Will it be good food for the others? I think I might have been feeding too little . How much should be fed? I am feeding hikari shrimp cuisine.

My mom turned off the filter cause it was "noisy" and now I can't find any shrimp. I think they are all dead. Mom?!?!? oh well I guess I will have to buy new ones. How much should I feed? I think I am feeding a bit too much with my shrimp food.

Also can anyone tell me how many shrimp I should buy to give it a high chance that they will breed?

10% water change

just going by what filp aquatics and mark shrimp tanks recommend! works well for me with no adult losses. stability is the key!:)

Feed very sparingly. They don't need to be fed daily.
I'd go with 8-10 to ensure you have at least one of each gender.

Flip Aquatics might be referring to an established tank with 2 times per month. Plus knowing about how to care for a shrimp tank. A stable tank. I can't say what FA is saying.

First off having shrimp in a new tank with out knowing tank parameters is likely to end in death any way.

DO NOT buy more shrimp until you can know what the parameters are.:nono:

First problem is new tank is not the best thing for shrimp at all.

Media from an established tank, probably 3 months old media properly cared for. 2 months old media is just getting established bacteria. I f seeded with ammonia fish food or other way one feeds BB to establish a colony.

You may use established media for the new tank. This will seed the tank, not create an instantly cycled tank.

Once a tank is established or you are doing testing in a fish-in cycle, getting a tank ready for shrimp is easy to do using fish living in the tank first.

After around 6 months and keeping the tank stable THEN is a good time to move the fish inhabitants to another tank, give it a light cleaning and start a shrimp tank.

After you now how to care for the tank and how often to clean and haven't had to worry about dangerous or out of safe level ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, you would be best able to keep a successful shrimp tank.

Is there a local fish store which will do testing for free for the tank water?

Back
Top Bottom