Red cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClearVision94

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will tiger barbs m, german blue ram, or a betta eat adult red cherry shrimp? I want to have a fish to control the rcs population but I don't want the adults eaten.

They might, is it a heavily planted tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They might, is it a heavily planted tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No, I haven't made the tank yet. I'll be setting one up later on this year I just wanted to make plans for it. It will either be moderate or heavily planted...

My RCS thrive and survive in my community tank with 50 fish, tetras, Cory's and a BNP. Attached pic to show you the level of planting that makes this possible.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402696551.791887.jpg

I have a few RCS with my beta and he seems to leave the bigger ones alone, but if he sees tiny ones he chases them around :p

I had an 80gal tank with 2 three spot gourami and 7 Tiger barbs. I bought 10 ghost shrimp and put them in. The gourami largely ignored the shrimp. The barbs decimated them. It looked like a piranha feeding frenzy. I ended up with 2 ghost shrimp left after about a week. I got rid of the barbs because they were just too aggressive. I can't imagine that the TCS would fare better.

Back
Top Bottom