Red cherry shrimp and corys need quick reply

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrfishfrenzee

Aquarium Advice Regular
do red cherry shrimp and corys get along?
and do they like sand for the bottom or rocks?

Yes red cherry shrimp and cories do get along, however the cories will eat baby shrimp. As for the substrate its really a matter of personal preference. IMO gravel (rocks) is better than sand for bigginers.

so you own gravel and you have corys and shrimp so u think gravel is better?

No but I know that cories and cherry shrimp can coexist. The main deference between gravel and Sand is that gravel IMO is easier to clean than sand. Will the tank be planted.

Sand isn't any harder. It actually takes less work. You don't have to push the gravel vacuum into the sand. Just hover over the sand bed and it picks up the debris. I would say you should have sand with them because the sand is preferred by cory cats. And they can live together.

IME gravel is not hard to keep clean as long as you do a weekly gravel cleaning using a gravel vac. IME sand is hard to keep clean because you can't remove all the fish waste from the top of it without sucking it up.

What are you using? Just hover about it. Don't touch the sand with the gravel vacuum.

I have Cherry and Crystal Shrimp and Corydoras habrosus in my 10g.

I use sand.
Better for Cories.
Easier for all to find food.
Easier to plant in.

My dwarf Cories don't seem to bother my Shrimp at all. I know they can eat shrimplets. But I see shrimp riding on them.

You can see pics on my profile page.
I have about 50 + Shrimp and 5 C habrosus.

Back
Top Bottom