Red claw crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Broken wheel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So, I’m new to this forum. I’ve kept fish, turtles, frogs, snails and shrimp for over 20 years. So, when my husband bought a red claw crab, I was ok with it. It disappeared, so naturally I googled disappearing red claw crab. Which turned out to be normal. So we turned the house upside down looking for him/her. Nothing. This was about 2 months ago. This morning, we saw him on the turtles dock. We had the wth moment. He sat there most of the day. This evening, he’s gone again. Where is this thing going? The substrate I’m that tank is just gravel. It’s a 55 gallon tank. The other 2 crabs are fiddler crabs. One of those disappeared too. This is the funniest thing I’ve seen. I thought they were semi-aquatic? I’m up before dawn and haven’t seen him in the morning. Are they digging in the gravel? If so, they’re doing a fine job. We tore the tank apart looking for him 2 months ago, lol

Not to make light of this situation but it is a little funny. "Surprise! Here I am", says the crab!

He is a crafty little guy to be sure.

Where did he go!?

Is every tiny gap and space including next to the tubing and heater wires sealed? I used duct tape over the small spots when we had Fiddler Crabs.

One of their favorite spots was on the intake tube or behind it.

But as you mentioned you took the place apart a couple months ago. Decorations with holes in the bottom?

Back
Top Bottom