ropefish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hanberry19

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an empty 29G freshwater and i was thinking of getting some ropefish...are they high maintanance? Yay or nay?

Nevermind..i just read that they are escape artists abd like to jump..my finance' would kill me if he escaped...im goid lol

Hanberry19 said:
Nevermind..i just read that they are escape artists abd like to jump..my finance' would kill me if he escaped...im goid lol

I was just about to tell you that. That and a 29 isn't sufficient to house them. I've kept Polypterus (related species) and I've had 2 take a leap out of my aquarium on me :(

I use to have some there really hard to take care of look up adult rope fish on YouTube and how many adults do you see? None I wase cleanin my. Tank and one leaped out at me got about all the way toy chest scariest thing ever!! I would recommend them

Mike jones said:
I use to have some there really hard to take care of look up adult rope fish on YouTube and how many adults do you see? None I wase cleanin my. Tank and one leaped out at me got about all the way toy chest scariest thing ever!! I would recommend them

It's not that I wouldn't recommend them. Ropefish and Polypterus are actually some of my favorite fish all time (Polypterus Delhezi and Teugelsi in particular). They just happen to need specific requirements and larger tanks.

Predfan27 said:
It's not that I wouldn't recommend them. Ropefish and Polypterus are actually some of my favorite fish all time (Polypterus Delhezi and Teugelsi in particular). They just happen to need specific requirements and larger tanks.

Yea, think ill hold off on those til i have a bigger tank thats locked down like the fort knox mint lol....

Back
Top Bottom