Saddled RCS question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishandmusic81

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I see that most of my female RCS are saddled I've read that it will be about 3 weeks till they develop eggs
But I wanna get some experiences from people who have owned them
Thanks

Fishandmusic81 said:
I see that most of my female RCS are saddled I've read that it will be about 3 weeks till they develop eggs
But I wanna get some experiences from people who have owned them
Thanks

I've owned and still own them. Personally, I don't monitor when they are saddled or not. They reproduce so quickly that it isn't all that great to memorize it (granted I have a dedicated tank to them).

They are very, very hardy that won't lose their eggs unless they are very stressed.

Good luck!

I think once saddled they drop as soon as a male is available pretty much.

The usual gestation is about a month. Is your RCS saddled or does she have eggs?

Predfan27 said:
I've owned and still own them. Personally, I don't monitor when they are saddled or not. They reproduce so quickly that it isn't all that great to memorize it (granted I have a dedicated tank to them).

They are very, very hardy that won't lose their eggs unless they are very stressed.

Good luck!

Well I don't think they'll be stressed they have a whole 10 gallon to themselves

jackwagon said:
The usual gestation is about a month. Is your RCS saddled or does she have eggs?

They are all saddled I don't see any with eggs but I also don't think it's been a full month yet but very close

Fishandmusic81 said:
They are all saddled I don't see any with eggs but I also don't think it's been a full month yet but very close

You will be able to see the eggs right away

Back
Top Bottom