Safe meds for Inverts???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Have you used Kanamycin for treatment with shrimp and snails without killing them. Effect on BB?

Also Sulfa compounds, there is a Sulfa 4 (Sulfa 4 TMP Powder) and one with three sulfa varieties.
And the effect on BB?

Furan meds are supposed to be effective but not with inverts. So that is not an option. Also I don't want to have any copper obviously.

There seems to be a nagging flexibacter bacteria.

Need to treat everything in the tank and the filter to kill it off.

Used already tried Maracyn-Two with the gram negative antibiotic about three weeks ago. Dosed as instructed on package.

I will be calling the company but sometimes they don't accurately provide information so I am hoping to see some first hand experiences. You don't need to go into a long answer if you are short on time. I can always ask more later. fishyfarmacy.com was recommended resource from here.

i thought flexibacter bacteria is one of those that is always present in our fish tank, and it will only affect our fish when they are weaken and became susceptible to it.

Sorry i have never used kanamycin, but i have used erythromycin which kills gram negative bacteria. it didn't hurt my plants or amanos or pumpkin shrimps or mystery snails.

Back
Top Bottom