Selling cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdklovesfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a platy fry/RCS tank. I just realized that I already have more shrimp then I started with! And after research I figured out that I have two berried females. Lots of future babies!! :) Since I won't have room for all these RCS, I'm wondering how big do they have to be to sell them. Any ideas?

kdklovesfish said:
I have a platy fry/RCS tank. I just realized that I already have more shrimp then I started with! And after research I figured out that I have two berried females. Lots of future babies!! :) Since I won't have room for all these RCS, I'm wondering how big do they have to be to sell them. Any ideas?

Nice to hear that the shrimps that I sold to you are breeding in your tank!!!
Look, the bioload of the shrimp is really low, meaning that you can have a lot of shrimp in a 10G tank, without a problem. I house sometimes up to 150 shrimps in my 10G tank. Of course I do PWC weekly.
So my opinion is not to sale the first batch, then wait for the second generation and the you can start to sell. Because normally buyers will look for adult shrimp versus all babies.
Never the less, when I sell shrimp I mix like 70 % adults with 30% babies.

Hope this helps

They are doing great!! Breeding like crazy. And all of the shrimplets are nice color. I have them in a 1.5g tank with platy fry. That's why I was worried about having too many. But I just got a killer deal on a 55g set up so I'm going to have lots of room now. I plan on having them in my 15g tank with Platys and Cories once my 55g is up and running. Do you think they will still breed?

BTW in case you're worried about my small tank I do a PWC about every three days! I can't work anymore so taking care of my tanks is about all I do. lol my husband says I'm obsessed!

kdklovesfish said:
They are doing great!! Breeding like crazy. And all of the shrimplets are nice color. I have them in a 1.5g tank with platy fry. That's why I was worried about having too many. But I just got a killer deal on a 55g set up so I'm going to have lots of room now. I plan on having them in my 15g tank with Platys and Cories once my 55g is up and running. Do you think they will still breed?

Yes, they will keep breeding, they just need a good pellet food. I use Hikari for shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom