Shrimp Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gerard-L

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm not exactly new to tank cycling and the nitrogen cycle but what am I looking for when I cycle my tank, obviously I know when cycling it affects ammonia and nitrites and nitrates but my tests I've done on my tap water have come back surprisingly safe.IMG_2508.jpg About how long should I cycle my tank for?

I'm not exactly new to tank cycling and the nitrogen cycle but what am I looking for when I cycle my tank, obviously I know when cycling it affects ammonia and nitrites and nitrates but my tests I've done on my tap water have come back surprisingly safe.View attachment 311195 About how long should I cycle my tank for?

How is your tap water safe? It's the tank water we need to cycle.
Your cycle can take anywhere from 1 hour to 2 months.
How do you plan on cycling the tank?
Is this a shrimp only tank?

I'll add that you should probably scrap those test strips and get an API freshwater master test kit if you want better accuracy.

The link in my signature is a great Aquarium Advice link /article for a full arsenal of information to build and keep a tank. It also explains the nitrification cycle which is what you build your BB with. Provides more links for extra fun stuff to know about.

Back
Top Bottom