Shrimp Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishOwner

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought two Blue Velvet shrimp (among other things) from my lfs this week. When I opened the fish bag, I was surprised to see that one of the "Blue Velvets" was black. Like completely black. The back had a chocolate-colored striped and the same colored legs. Is this a black rose shrimp? I will send pictures when I see her next.

I bought these guys at 9 bucks a pop. If this shrimp is a black rose, did I get ripped off or did I get a good deal:brows:?

Depending on the quality of the shrimp you may have been a little ripped off it’s a blue velvet too :lol: but that’s normal. Shrimp are always more expensive in a shop. You’re covering overhead, losses and shipping in the price of the shrimp.

Can’t wait to see a picture. Could be a very dark blue, a chocolate, a black rose. Hard to know without a picture but in general the darker the shrimp the higher quality it is, regardless of what color family it belongs to.

Attached is a picture of the shrimp. Since the first week of having her, she's gotten a bit more shy and only comes out at night, so it took me a while to find her under good lighting.

Attachments

• Photo on 3-2-21 at 5.03 PM copy.jpg
    Photo on 3-2-21 at 5.03 PM copy.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom