Shrimp Test Kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skmackley

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm getting Red Cherry Shrimp and i'm getting test kits, just wandering what is the ideal-

pH
KH ( Carbonate Hardness )
GH ( General Hardness )
NO2 ( Nitrogen Dioxide )
NO3 ( Nitrate )
CI2 ( Chlorine )

Thanks.

I'm no expert on shrimp keeping but I've had multi generations of RCS. IME they're hardy and will tolerate parameters the same as fish. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and less than 30 nitrates. They are really cool and help keep your aquarium clean. They do enjoy some live plants, especially some moss.

I'm no expert on shrimp keeping but I've had multi generations of RCS. IME they're hardy and will tolerate parameters the same as fish. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and less than 30 nitrates. They are really cool and help keep your aquarium clean. They do enjoy some live plants, especially some moss.

whats IME? what one is parameter? yeah im do my own little aquascape !;)

Agreed however it is important to be sure there is enough calcium in the water. Cant remember if its kh or gh. Should be at least 3-4.

Agreed however it is important to be sure there is enough calcium in the water. Cant remember if its kh or gh. Should be at least 3-4.

it comes with the tank, any other thing you can help me out with, like CI2, NO2 or NO3, do you know exact range of numbers.?

it comes with the tank, any other thing you can help me out with, like CI2, NO2 or NO3, do you know exact range of numbers.?

Nope lol I know you want 0 amm, 0 nitrIte, under 20-30 nitrAte and no extreme ph.

Found Out That

pH : 6-8
KH ( Carbonate Hardness ) : 3-10
GH ( General Hardness ) : 4-14
NO2 ( Nitrogen Dioxide ) : 0
NO3 ( Nitrate ) : 0
CI2 ( Chlorine ) : 0

Red cherry shrimp can survive and thrive in about anybodies tap water.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you start getting into caridina shrimp.

ok but i gave the figures so we can be precise and so the shrimp will be healthy i would rather be sure with healthy and true information than let them not be and be un-healthy.

Back
Top Bottom