Shrimp with guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NatureFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can you put shrimp with guppies in a 10 gallon tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What kind of shrimp? They can be kept with guppies, but the shrimplets will most likely be eaten by the guppies if you plan to breed them.

What kind of shrimp? They can be kept with guppies, but the shrimplets will most likely be eaten by the guppies if you plan to breed them.

Rili shrimp.

If they can fit in their mouths, they will eat them.

Give them enough hiding spaces, and there should be many shrimplets living.

I have angels, rams and discus in a fully planted tank and my shrimps are able to breed.

I'm not getting guppies right now but just thought I'd ask for the future.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I keep black Moscow guppies with my RCS. Works for me so far. Both are breeding well. But I have no idea how many shrimplets get picked off by the gups. But they don't get them all. Lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I keep black Moscow guppies with my RCS. Works for me so far. Both are breeding well. But I have no idea how many shrimplets get picked off by the gups. But they don't get them all. Lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
For sure. I left about 6 adult shrimps in the 65G community about 3 months ago. Now there are over 10 shrimplets that grew to juvies.
My wife even witnessed a glowlight tetra eating one the other day.

Hi. My tetras eat loads of baby RCS but the shrimp population is still expanding. The Tetras are doing really well and think the 'natural' live food is the reason. It's a good way to provide disease free live food. I sounds heartless but it's natures way, the shrimp overbreed in the wild to compensate for huge losses to predators. Given enough cover, mosses are really good for this, the shrimp numbers will increase.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom