shy bamboo shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NotSoRich

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently picked up a bamboo shrimp, he's rather big, maybe 2ish inches long however as of about 7 hours after adding him to my tank I've barely seen him use his fans at all and instead seems to be content with just wandering around in the moss. If he's fanned at all, I haven't seen it.

At what time should I get concerned for the health of this shrimp?

Is there sufficient flow? When there isn't, they tend to stop fanning.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice assuming the app didn't crash.

how sufficient is sufficient? Should my plants be moving around a lot?

Well, they like to cling on to something secure (mine clung to driftwood right in the main flow of the filter return.

I don't have specific flow rates or anything like that, but I believe the stronger the better for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice assuming the app didn't crash.

Okay he's started to filter, I suppose all is well.

Also you need to have something in the water to filter out. I would always feed a good amount a few hours before I would do a good sized pwc. I used Hikari First Bites, fish fry food, there is also some newly available foods from Kens fish called Golden pearls, and the very fine size sounds like it would be great for them too. Crushed freed dried foods would work as wekk as crushed flakes, though I rarely use flakes as I feel they are big ammonia causers :)

You could also use Hikari Crab or Shrimp Cuisine crushed. I think setting up a good DW to perch on near the intake would be a great idea. Mine always love the out flow best cause the flow was strongest but that was the cleaner water.

Back
Top Bottom