Snail egg identification?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mastro81

Aquarium Advice Newbie
2019-03-25 19.14.06.jpg

I bought some plants with hitchhikers.:(

Some are bladder snails, and I'm taking care of them with my true and tested technique. But today I found some white round dots, attached singularly to the glass and some to the plants.

They are not bladder snail eggs, nor mystery snail eggs. If I had to say, by size and color they look more like nerite snail eggs, but less opaque and with a less flattened shape. Also some have a "pointy" end.

In the tank I only have Neos, Mystery snails, Ember tetras and Pygmy Cory.

Any Idea?
2019-03-25 19.36.34.jpg

Thank you for the help.

Yes - they look like kind of like Cory eggs...? Can you see any little fish growing in any of them?

When corys fist start to lay they have sm batches of eggs & tend to scatter them on the tank wall. As they mature & grow larger they can lay 50+ & will cluster them.
I can tell by shape of egg they are cory. Its realy hard to see fry in egg because they are very tiny. I can barley see them when they first hatch.

LOL I was fearing a new and horribly hard to remove snail, and instead they are my cute Pygmy Cory? Woah!!

How are the chances the will survive by themselves? Sadly they are in a point I cannot easily reach without moving everything.

(and no, I cannot see anything inside)

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL I was fearing a new and orribly hard to remove snail, and instead they are my cute Pigmy Cory? Woah!!

How are the chances the will survive by themselves? Sadly they are in a point I cannot easily reach without moving everything.

(and no, I cannot see anything inside)
Sorry to say but chances of survival are slim to none if not moved to breeding net or box. A few may survive if tank heavily planted & established.
Spawning of corys occurs during the rainy season. When runoff enters water they inhabit it drops temp by few degrees & this will trigger spawning. Simply do a few colder(5°+) water changes & they will spawn again if interested in breeding. Just have a plan or rm. for fry. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom