Snail ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaslin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413432277.442437.jpg

Had some of these guys tag along with some live plants, now we have quite a few.

Could anyone Id them?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

mind if I hijack?

some of these seemed to tag along with either some plants or my mystery snails (I think more with the snails)

Attachments

• IMG_20141015_211645.jpg
    IMG_20141015_211645.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 81
Not at all

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

malaysian trumpet snail

welp guess thats what it is. Someone else mentioned that in another post but I wanted to get the pic up just to be certain.

Now I have to decide what to do with them

honestly I might leave them or my future pea puffer

question is HOW did they hitch with my mystery snails?

welp guess thats what it is. Someone else mentioned that in another post but I wanted to get the pic up just to be certain.

Now I have to decide what to do with them

honestly I might leave them or my future pea puffer

question is HOW did they hitch with my mystery snails?

did you ever buy live plants

Snails can come with plants, as eggs that have not yet hatched, and they can come floating in water with fish or shrimp too. MTS snails, new born, are so tiny they can float on the water tension and you might not even realize it's a snail at all, they can mimic a bit of gravel easily. I have even seen a clutch of snail eggs laid on a mystery snail's shell, only one time, don't know if they were ramshorn or bladder snails. I removed them.

MTS, btw, don't lay eggs in tanks. They have live young, usually they release them at night at the water surface, where they float 'til they find something to hang onto. Entirely harmless, they are voracious algae eaters and while they're small, they do their part to keep glass clean of algaes and eat up left overs. Good general scavengers, as are most snails.

Back
Top Bottom