Snail identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KialiNyla

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Is this too small/new to ID yet? Just noticed today with water change that there's about ten of these little guys hanging around the tank. Not added new plants since mid August or noticed any eggs from the two nerites in the tank. Did I just miss something when I got the plants? Feels like it's been too long for that?

Attachments

• 20211030_234713.jpg
    20211030_234713.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 27
It wouldn't be a Nerite unless it's brackish water as babies need that to develop. Could have been on a plant. Is the water heated?
Have you seen any larger ones?

The pic is a shadow for me but check Ramshorn snail, bladder or pond snail

That was my thought too but it's been two months since anything new was added? There's deff no bigger ones in there as I remove all the things to clean since my frogs like to toss food around �� all the ones I found are roughly the same size so must have hatched recently I guess?

Not heated no. I'll look those up, the shells are still see through so hard to tell the shape etc, guess I'll just wait it out haha. All the babies (I've seen) are chilling in/around the breeding box I've got on the side trying to persuade moss to grow on a rock ��

Well the cooler water/ temps will cause hatching to be longer / slower development but 2 months seems a very long time for snail eggs like Ramshorns to hatch.

Is this photo any better? There's two bigger ones now, the little faces are so adorable ?

Attachments

• 20211112_005219_exported_50861.jpg
    20211112_005219_exported_50861.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom