Snail question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike19

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im thinking of getting a mystery snail for my ten gallon tank but I heard they can influence more disease and parasites into the tank is this true?

I have 3 snails in my tank and never had issues, you, ll be fine they don't carry anything that would hurt your fish. Snails are fun to watch. Remember to feed them when you get one. :)

thanks! I'm looking forward to it now haha

Snails often carry parasites that internally affect fish. In my experience internal parasites are the worst. I would recommend a two week quarantine of any new snails. Watch for sings of lethargy or cotton like substance on body. If two weeks passes with no problems then I'd say your safe.
It's also worth noting that many issues that snails have usually don't transfer to fish.

I, ve kept snails for years without ever having issues, applesnail.net is a good place to go I'm a member and it explains that the snail will be fine any worries you can go there :)

I, ve kept snails for years without ever having issues, applesnail.net is a good place to go I'm a member and it explains that the snail will be fine any worries you can go there :)

Same here, I've had snails for about two years now. Fun to watch, they're cleaning machines, and you can find extreme color variations out there. Definitely a must have as an aquarium hobbyist!

Back
Top Bottom