Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Markybendy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 56L shrimp tank but I have hundreds and hundreds of bloody snails. I recently removed the shrimps and took all the wood and plants out and removed all the snails that I could find. I then put everything back and within two weeks have the same amount again grrrr. Does anyone know how I can get rid of them.

I have a 56L shrimp tank but I have hundreds and hundreds of bloody snails. I recently removed the shrimps and took all the wood and plants out and removed all the snails that I could find. I then put everything back and within two weeks have the same amount again grrrr. Does anyone know how I can get rid of them.

Put a saucer on the bottom of the tank. Get a peice of Zuccini, that has been slightly softened in the micro wave ( about 15 seconds and let it cool). Then put it on the saucer. Leave it over night. In the morning a great deal of these snails will be eating! You can scoop them out by lifting the sauce and net what you can. There are other snails that will eat these snails, however the name escapes me. I am sure someone else will chime in !

An overrun snail population is usually the result of overfeeding. What's your feeding schedule like?

Put a saucer on the bottom of the tank. Get a peice of Zuccini, that has been slightly softened in the micro wave ( about 15 seconds and let it cool). Then put it on the saucer. Leave it over night. In the morning a great deal of these snails will be eating! You can scoop them out by lifting the sauce and net what you can. There are other snails that will eat these snails, however the name escapes me. I am sure someone else will chime in !

I'm gonna use this idea. I like my Malaysian trumpet snails except I have a few too many.

my solution to too many snails if you cann afford to do with your tank. take everything out and soak it in boiling water for 5 minutes. i had that issue in my 20 gallon tank. it sucks to strip your tank nut ir works

Back
Top Bottom