Snails and Shrimp and Cuttle Bone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Snail - I really do know how to spell just not proof very well!

Hey there - just read in a different post to just put the cuttle bone into the filter, are they supposed to pick at it so you weigh it down OR does it dissolve into the water?

Without a test kit how do you know if you get too much if it is in the filter dissolving?

Snail - I really do know how to spell just not proof very well!

Hey there - just read in a different post to just put the cuttle bone into the filter, are they supposed to pick at it so you weigh it down OR does it dissolve into the water?

Without a test kit how do you know if you get too much if it is in the filter dissolving?

I just put it in the back corner of my tank behind some plants, that way the snails and shrimp can munch on it if they want and it slowly dissolves in the water. I put a dime sized piece in the tank a month or so ago and it's still not dissolved.

I haven't had any shell issues and my tank is calcium rich, so I'm not concerned really with my tank. But every 5 gallons you could put another dime size piece in the more acidic it is.

Back
Top Bottom