Snails keep escaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellieca

Aquarium Advice Addict
OK 2 of my 3 of my mystery snails keep escaping from their tanks. Got up this morning found the gold one on the floor, sitting here & hear a noise go look & the one black/brown is on the floor! UGH. I guess I need to figure something out for the small openings in the lids. For almost 3 months no problems with escapees, now it's an almost daily occurrence.

Snails are definitely escape artists! Good luck! :)

Just a though, maybe check your water parameters to make sure they're all acceptable. Sometimes snails will try and escape from a tank that has bad water parameters.

Austin.b said:
Snails are definitely escape artists! Good luck! :)

Just a though, maybe check your water parameters to make sure they're all acceptable. Sometimes snails will try and escape from a tank that has bad water parameters.

Thanks for the advice. I do weekly water changes 50%+ & when I've tested all is good. On the back of my one HOB's I found a clutch of eggs so that explains the one, I don't leave a lot of space between the hood & water line. The others are a mystery. I may end up with no snails if they keep doing this. :-o

Back
Top Bottom