Starting a new shrimp tank, what would you choose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
I currently have red cherries, red rili, blue rili, yellows, and pumpkin. Of the following choices what would you choose for a new shrimp project:

-chocolate
-carbon/black rili
-green babaulti

Thanks for your input :D

I haven't researched the greens that much. I do know the chocolate's don't breed true but as you know. Neither do the rili's. I have a colony of carbon's which are great. I would either do the green's or carbon's.

Cardinia are much more difficult depending on your water quality. Most people use ro/di water for them. They are not as forgiving to big water quality changes. They prefer a low ph and tds is way more important than neos.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cardinia are much more difficult depending on your water quality. Most people use ro/di water for them. They are not as forgiving to big water quality changes. They prefer a low ph and tds is way more important than neos.

Exactly what I wanted to know, thank you.

Also rilis don't breed true my reds threw blues, carbons and full blues along with the typical red colors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also rilis don't breed true my reds threw blues, carbons and full blues along with the typical red colors.

Interesting! So far my I've only gotten reds from my rili, but I also haven't had them for very long.

Back
Top Bottom