Strange coloration on ornage mexican dwarf crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so i have had this cray since February

When i bought him he was tan/orange but since he molted he is a dark orange with deep red in his claws

Is this normal???

Is this a pure mexican dwarf???

Attachments

• image-625083309.jpg
    image-625083309.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 125
  • image-3637440859.jpg
    image-3637440859.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 115
  • image-2746102861.jpg
    image-2746102861.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 103
That happened to mine after molting n then the colors starting changing as it hardened, has black spots on either side of his tail now.

Woah, black spots are shell rott

Id put more calcium in his diet

Nope- natural black dot on each individual fan on the tail- not 100% mexi orange- and rare cross with a Blyxa (?)- dwarf black lobster... Calcium levels kept in check with supplements, also supplement with iodine and is a fully planted nano (15g) biotope recreation

Ok so i have had this cray since February

When i bought him he was tan/orange but since he molted he is a dark orange with deep red in his claws

Is this normal???

Is this a pure mexican dwarf???

This is normal. When diet has more meaty ingredients, crayfish tend to turn redder. It looks more like my clarkii crayfish than a Mexican dwarf but it could be a CPO.

Nope- natural black dot on each individual fan on the tail- not 100% mexi orange- and rare cross with a Blyxa (?)- dwarf black lobster... Calcium levels kept in check with supplements, also supplement with iodine and is a fully planted nano (15g) biotope recreation

No not blyxa I don't think. Blyxa would prob be leaning more into the black color side and not orange.

Back
Top Bottom